On 1 January 2017 it started the Research Project Anastacia working on the issues of cyber security.
Softeco Sismat is the project coordinator of a consortium of 14 partners including Thales, Atos Ericsson and CNR.
19 and 20 January at the CNR of Genoa will be the first kick-off meeting.
Description of ANASTACIA – Advanced Networked Agents for Security and Trust Assessment in CPS/IoT Architectures
The heterogeneous, distributed, and dynamically evolving nature of Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) based on Internet of Things (IoT) and virtualised cloud architectures introduces new and unexpected risks that cannot be solved by current state-of-the-art security solutions.
New paradigms and methods are required in order
- to build security into the ICT system at the outset,
- to adapt to changing security conditions,
- to reduce the need to fix flaws after deploying the system,
- to provide the assurance that the ICT system is secure and trustworthy at all times.
The main objective of the ANASTACIA project is to address these concerns by researching, developing and demonstrating a holistic solution enabling trust and security by-design for Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) based on IoT and cloud architectures.
To this end, ANASTACIA will develop a trustworthy-by-design security framework which will address all the phases of the ICT Systems Development Lifecycle (SDL) and will be able to take autonomous decisions through the use of new networking technologies (such as Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualisation (NFV)) and intelligent and dynamic security enforcement and monitoring methodologies and tools. The ANASTACIA framework will include:
- a security development paradigm based on the compliance to security best practices and the use of the security components and enablers (this will provide assisted security design, development and deployment cycles to assure security-by-design);
- a suite of distributed trust and security components and enablers, that are able to dynamically orchestrate and deploy user security policies and risk-assessed resilient actions within complex and dynamic CPS and IoT architectures (online monitoring and testing techniques will allow more automated adaptation of the system to mitigate new and unexpected security vulnerabilities);
- a holistic Dynamic Security and Privacy Seal, combining security and privacy standards and real time monitoring and online testing (this will provide quantitative and qualitative run-time evaluation of privacy risks and security levels, which can be easily understood and controlled by the final users).
The ultimate challenge of ANASTACIA is to provide a solution for addressing the increasing vulnerability of today’s ICTs, based on smart, highly connected and dynamic CPS, by leveraging the same dynamic distributed and connected environment to enact smart security planning, enforcement and monitoring strategies.