Softeco Sismat’s ability to address and propose solutions to customer’ problems is not limited to software and information technology sectors exquisitely. The company, through the group of electronic design and firmware development, is able to provide efficient answers in product engineering, with high added value.
The group supports the customer in all stages, from product conception to its production start.
The skills and experiences have seen Softeco Sismat successfully involved in various industrial environments: rail, instrumental, automotive and energy.
Main activities are: electronic design,both analog and digital, boards development with DSP and microcontrollers, firmware development and integration, also with real time operating systems.
- Definition and writing of technical and tender specifications
- Cost analysis, production sourcing
- Electronic design: command and control digital systems, based on microcontrollers and microprocessors (8, 16, 32 bits), DSP architectures (fixed and floating point)
- Analog and power design: signal conditioning, driving and power stages
- FPGA and CPLD development
- Firmware development with RTOS
- Software development for interfacing, configuration and support applications
- PCB design and routing
- RAMS analysis
- Development of safety critical systems according to safety standards (IEC 61508)
- Prototyping and support to EMC tests (pre-compliance and compliance)
- Thermal tests and life tests
- Hardware and Software Testing and Validation
- Development of systems and test platforms for specific products and equipments
- Documentation and manuals
The group boasts a first level laboratory and can apply the latest technology both in terms of design that assembly techniques.
Some of the most representative references recently held:
- Firmware development with ROTS system (embedded Linux) for control and management of communication channels
- Design and development of embedded firmware, based on CortexM3 platform, in C and C ++ under ROS MICROC OS II, for the control and management of physical mechanical measuring equipments. Development of wireless communication protocols
- Software management development (C ++) for for measuring instruments calibration equipments
- Firmware development (in C) for three phase protection relay control system, based on DSP architecture and ARM7 processor
- Definition and preliminary design of a testing system for PWM electromechanical actuators
- Setting of hardware architecture, cost and critical sourcing and production analysis, DSP control algorithms analysis and evaluation for a static reactive power compensator for photovoltaic applications
- Testing and validation of the systems commands for medium-voltage circuit breakers
Intervention methodology is shared and chosen jointly with the customer. The range of choice is complete and can go from the definition of a complete work packages, in which Softeco Sismat has direct responsibility for compliance with the specifications and delivery times, to the intervention of specific advice in time and material mode, directly at Customer’s site and for all the necessary time.
These skills are in harmony and complement with the other realities of the group, making Softeco Sismat a unique partner able to meet the highest levels of quality and competitiveness.